Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Kraft Organic Brings Old Favorites to the Green Side

Kraft is the last company people think of when the word "organic" comes to mind, but it looks like the food giant is ready to change that. Enter Kraft Organics. (We all knew about organic Oreos for a while so it's not much of a surprise.)

Now shoppers will be able to find fully organic or partially organic versions of Yuban coffee, Wheat-Thins (made with organic flour), Ritz (made with organic flour), Chips Ahoy! (made with organic flour), three different flavors of salad dressing, Cheddar and White Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese, Honey Bunches of Oats, Grape-nuts, Seattle's Best Coffee, and Planters Cashews and Nut Selections. Quite a variety of products, right? (I have also seen their organic string cheese and American slices in the dairy section.)

What am I most excited about? Probably the Grape-nuts. I can't help it.. I love them. (I stopped eating them because they weren't organic, but now I don't have to worry.)

I wonder if people will buy into this or if they will opt for the cheaper, conventional versions?