Monday, May 21, 2007

Organic Puff Pastry in UK

"CAPE Town-born Moira Blake studied photography for a degree at Britain's Derby University. But now she makes her living making what is reported to be the world's only organic puff pastry - pastry that is rolled, folded, proofed and folded again until it achieves a mind-boggling 700 laminations.

And, yes, they have a way of counting all those layers.

Blake's pastry is sold at Harrods and Harvey Nichols, selected Waitrose and other premium outlets in the UK - and will be available locally for a few days at the Gourmet Festival's Good Food & Wine Show (Thursday to Sunday) at the Cape Town International Convention Centre, where Blake will have a stand."


Read the article

I don't think I've seen organic puff pastry in any of the natural supermarkets I go to. All I have seen is organic phyllo dough (I would link the company, but I can't remember the name.)