Friday, September 7, 2007

Review: Late July Cookies


I finally got my hands on the new Late July cookies, and the verdict is.. they are are delicious! Sometimes it can be difficult to find satisfying and tasty organic whole grain treats, but these cookies are that and more.

Any dark chocolate lover would be pleased with the rich dark chocolate. The cookie has a nice crunch and the dark chocolate inside is smooth and pleasant. I usually don't enjoy dark chocolate all that much, but the flavor in these cookies is irresistible. Definitely not at all bitter or unpleasant like some dark chocolate desserts.

The vanilla bean with green tea has just the right amount of vanilla flavor. It's sweeter than the dark chocolate, but it's also not too sweet. The flavor of the cookie adds a great contrast to the sweet vanilla bean inside.
(I think a lot of people might look at the flavor and say "Huh? Green tea?" and might assume the cookie has a strong green tea flavor, but I didn't notice it at all. If you look at the ingredients, you will notice organic green tea extract is the very last on the list.)

The flavors are amazingly good, and I can definitely see myself buying them in the future. One thing that makes them stand out from other cookies is they aren't so sweet than you can't taste the other ingredients. Both cookies have a really balanced flavor which I think makes them way more enjoyable than other brands.

Go out and buy a box (or two or three or four..) already!

(To find out more about the cookies, click here or visit the Late July website.)