Monday, October 22, 2007

Review: Amy's Roasted Vegetable Pocket

I have had a strong aversion to vegetables pretty much my entire life. Sure, I could eat things like potatoes, salads or tomatoes (okay, okay they are botanically a fruit, but they are LEGALLY a vegetable) but other vegetables weren't very appealing to me.

So it came as quite a surprise when I absolutely loved Amy's Kitchen's roasted vegetable pocket. What is this magical product? Why do I even prefer it to cookies? Well..

Amy's says:
"Inspired by Amy's Roasted Vegetable Pizza. The same great tasting combination of organic shiitake mushrooms, roasted red peppers, sweet onions and marinated artichoke hearts."

Shiitake mushrooms? Red peppers? Artichoke hearts? Since when have I ever ventured to eat these things? Since now, I guess. This little pocket is totally satisfying in every way: the flavor and texture are just right, and it leaves you perfectly satiated. Definitely my new favorite thing to eat, especially after writing myself crazy with the amount of school work I have. (I am stocked with roasted vegetable pockets now.)

I'm really happy about it being vegan too because I've been thinking about taking the "plunge." (It's hard to forget how much I like cheese pizza though..)

In short, if you haven't already tried the roasted vegetable pocket or pizza, you are missing out. Seriously. Even if you think you won't like it, just try it. I never imagined I would enjoy it this much.