Friday, December 28, 2007

Organic Baby on the Go

"We’ve been getting some thought provoking e-mails lately. Sometimes we pick the questions to turn them into posts, and sometimes we just write back and forth with our readers. I recently got the following email about traveling with kids while still trying to maintain an organic diet. I immediately responded. When I got an email back, I felt this was definitely a topic to open up to a broader audience. The exchange follows. My final response is one I’m posting here instead of sending back to Penny in the hopes that other moms with situations similar to hers might weigh in. In fact, all organic moms who have ideas I haven’t considered, please post them in comments!

How can I travel without carrying all our food along? We have a 15-hour trip to take with an infant and a 2 year old ... We will be on turnpikes with few exits. HELP, our car will be packed with all the supplies necessary to survive. No room for real food except for snacks. How can you find organic food on the road?
Thanks,
Penny Austin"


Read the article