Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Review of Crispy Cat Candy Bars

Several months ago, I was sent some Crispy Bar candy bars to review, but due to the hustle and bustle of daily life, I haven't had the opportunity to post my thoughts yet. As you can tell, I've been neglecting this blog a bit, but I hope to get back on top of things soon. At any rate, on to the delicious candy bars!

Crispy Bar candy bars are somewhere between 70% and 90% organic, and if you were to look at the ingredient list, you wouldn't find any scientific or foreign sounding names!
Take a look at the ingredients: Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Organic Coconut, Organic Dark Chocolate (Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Cocoa Liquor, Organic Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin [Made without GMO], Organic Vanilla), Organic Brown Rice Crisp (Organic Brown Rice Flour, Organic Evaporated Cane Juice, Organic Molasses, Sea Salt), Natural Peppermint Flavor, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Salt.

Totally pure through and through, Crispy Bar candy bars come in three different flavors - roasted peanut, mint coconut and toasted almond. After having the chance to sample all three, I can safely say these are some of the best candy bars around. Sweet without being overpowering, I was thrilled to find such a great product and have it be vegan. I have bought each flavor a number of times since my initial tasting and they have never disappointed me. So the next time you go to see a movie, consider grabbing a Crispy Bar from your local natural food store.

Other Crispy Cat reviews include:
Go Dairy Free's review
Sustainable Coop's review