Friday, April 9, 2010

Everyday Organic: Saying no to 'GMO'

"Living out here at the end of my dirt road, I welcome spring with simple rituals around my small farm. One of my favorites involves turning rows of earth into a new garden and sowing heirloom seeds I've saved from last season's harvest. These are things I know to be good.

Every detail, from the perfume of enlivened soil to the sight of tiny green leaves sprouting toward the sun, appeals to my senses and are perfect little gifts. It's all part of a cycle that has been circling throughout the eons, assuring the fruition of nature's many gifts and making this planet a veritable paradise. I don't need to know the science behind every little miracle; it's enough that I can count on them happening, each in their own sweet time."


Read the article