Thursday, April 5, 2007

College Offers More Organics

"One of the things I've learned working at UTC is that students these days are more sophisticated than they used to be," Flores said. "They want healthier options."
Jody Chapman, a Franklin, Tenn., senior, said she is pleased with the changes made on campus.
"Obesity is an obvious problem in our society and I'm happy to see that the school is helping to remedy this," Chapman said. Chapman said she decided to start eating organically after she started having medical problems. "I have been eating and living a healthier lifestyle for probably over a year," Chapman said. "I started having a lot of stomach problems and realized that they only way I was going to feel better is if I changed my diet."

Flores said in the past he has attempted to make organic foods available to students but only recently was able to find a reasonably priced distributor."


Read the article.