Saturday, May 10, 2008

Best Pesticide-Free Mother's Day Gift?

"(NaturalNews) Did you know that in a 1997 study, the Environmental Working Group found that conventionally-grown flowers may be laden with up to 50 times the amount of pesticides allowed for food? And that these pesticides can easily enter your body through your skin or nose?

These facts struck me like an ice pick between the eyes when I researched for suitable bouquets to send my mother for Mother's Day. She suffers from Parkinson's Disease, a slowly debilitating illness whose onset, although multi-varied and little understood, has been linked to pesticide exposure. Of course, I wanted to nurture this wonderful woman who once had soothed my cries, salved my fears and bandaged my knees, as well as I wanted to honor Mother Earth, so I began to dig into the world of conventional flowers."


Read the article