Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Orange County's Organic Baby Restaurant

"All I wanted when I went to the little strip plaza on the corner of Westcliff and Irvine Avenues in Newport Beach the other evening was the best cup of coffee in Orange County – at Martin Diedrich's Kean's Coffee, of course. But I came away with so much more.

As I was walking across the parking lot, I saw the sign advertising "fresh organic baby food." Eat in or to go. "I gotta see this," I thought.

So I walked into Pomme Bébé ("apple baby" in French) with zero expectations. Because, really, do you ever expect to run into the Baskin-Robbins of baby food? In fact, as the owners tell me, I could travel the world over, and never, ever find a shop that does what theirs does: sell fresh, totally organic baby food made right in the kitchen behind the counter."


Read the article