Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chef Gordon Ramsay Criticizes Duchy Originals

"Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay has criticised Prince Charles’ organic food range, Duchy Originals, for its salt and sugar content.

In an interview, Ramsay has described the Duchy Originals as over-priced and boring.

He has accused the Prince of Wales of using his royal lineage to promote sales of his food, which currently stands has an annual turnover of 50 million pounds.

“I am upset with him. When I looked at his Duchy food I was gob-smacked, amazed and dumbfounded at what I discovered. Why would anyone pay that much money for one of his pies? I tried them. Just because it has a stamp and his royal crest everyone thinks it’s fine, but the number of sodiums, and the sugar content, is embarrassing,” The Telegraph quoted Ramsay, as saying."


Read the article